- 1 medium-sized garoupa or Siakap (400-500g)
- 4-5 bird’s eyes chilies (chili padi),smashed
- 3 tbs chopped garlic
- 2 pcs salted plum
- 5 tbs lime juice
- 1 tsp sugar or to taste
- 3 tbs fish source
- 1/2 cup chicken stock granules or water
- some chinese parsley leaves
- some lime slices
- Scale and clean fish well. Make 2 slanting cuts on both sides of the fish.
- Steam fish on high heat for about 10-12 minutes. Discard excess liquid from the plate.
- Heat wok and add in 1/2 cup chiken granules or water and follow on all ingredients A. Cook for 2-3 minutes then pour the source over the fish. Garnish before serving.
(Jusco Pearl July 2007)