Ingredients: (serves 4)
- 2 blocks tofu (firm)
- 4 dried shiitake black mushrooms
- 3 oz. peeled carrot (1″ thin strips)
- 3 oz. burdock root
- 2 halves of green onion sliced
- 4 tbs. vegetable oil
- 2 tbs. soy sauce
- 2 tbp. sugar
- soak mushrooms in water to soften and squeeze excess water out. Cut into 1″ long strips.
- Peel burdock root, shave 1″strips and place in water immediately.
- Cut Tofu block into 1/4″ cubes
- Heat oil in a large frying pan or wok and add burdock, carrots and mushrooms until burdock becomes soft then add Tofu.
- Add soy sauce and sugar and stir continuously until liquid is absorbed and turn off heat.
- Garnish with parsley and onion.
(Genichi Shimada, Recipe Book)