Ingredients: (serves 4)
- 20 large prawns (6″ or 15cm long)
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup ice water
- 1 cup low gluten flour
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 4 stems rosemary or parsley for garnish
- Shell shrimp, but leave tail on.
- Mix egg and water until well blended. Sift the flour and slowly stir into egg mixture for batter.
- Heat vegetable oil to hot.
- Dip shrimp in batter and fry in oil one by one until crisp light golden brown about 1 minute.
- Scoop a cup of rice over each of the 4 servi ng plates or bowls.
- Arrange shrimps fanned out over rice and garnish with rosemary.
(Genichi Shimada, Recipe Book)